Clearwater Marine Aquarium (CMA) has created this privacy statement in order to demonstrate our commitment to privacy. We promise to be transparent regarding the personal information we collect and what we do with it. We also promise to respect your privacy and to do our best to protect your personal information. This privacy statement may change at any time with any changes posted on this page. Should you have additional questions, comments or concerns please contact us.
Mail List Removal
If you wish to be removed from our e-mail or postal mailings, please e-mail us at [email protected] and request removal, or call 1-727-441-1790. E-mail addresses returned to CMA as “permanently undeliverable” will be removed automatically from our e-mail lists. Postal mailings returned as “addressee unknown” or undeliverable will be automatically removed from our mailing lists.
CMA Registration and Order Forms
- CMA, both on our website and in paper format, uses registration and order forms for customers to make donations or register for various services.
- These registration and order forms may require users to give us contact information (such as name, address and e-mail address) and payment information.
- Contact information from these forms is used to fulfil orders, send acknowledgments and requested information. The customer’s contact information is also used to contact the customer when necessary in order to fulfil a transaction.
- User payment information is used only for credit card authorization and billing in the process of completing user-initiated transactions.
- Contact information will also be added to CMA’s mailing and e-mail lists to inform you about upcoming events, current news and other information. If you wish to be removed from our e-mail or postal mailings, please see Mail List Removal section above. (Transaction-related contact information will be retained securely per legally required information retention policies in any case).
- Contact information will only be used within CMA, stored in secure files accessible only to those staff members responsible for initiating contact to you from the Aquarium. We do not give away, share, sell or rent your contact information to anyone outside CMA.
If you are under 13 (thirteen) years old, please talk to your parents before using the website or providing your name or other information to the website. You cannot submit information to the website without your parent’s permission.
CMAquarium.org (also known as SeeWinter.com) contains links to other external web sites that do not fall under the CMAquarium.org domain. CMAquarium.org is not responsible for the privacy practices or the content of such external web sites.
A “cookie” is a small line of code that is stored in your browser when you visit a cookie-enabled website. Cookies do not collect any personal data that may exist on your computer. Our website utilizes cookies that allow the website to function. These particular cookies do not gather or store any personal data. These cookies cannot be turned off because the website would not work properly. If you set your browser to reject cookies, it is possible that some parts of the website will not function.
From time to time CMA, or its designate, may desire to place a different type of cookie on your computer. This type of cookie allows us to track and keep records on user activity to track user analytics and to better target our advertising You must affirmatively opt in to accept these cookies before they will be placed on your computer. If you do not opt in, the cookies will not be placed on your computer. Even after you have opted in, you may opt out by managing your cookies.
You can manage cookies by accessing our Cookie Declaration page https://www.seewinter.com/cookie-declaration/. This will allow you to opt in or out at any time.
All cookies used across the Seewinter.com are listed in our Cookie Declaration found here. https://www.seewinter.com/cookie-declaration/
Changes to this Cookies policy
We aim to meet high standards and our policies and procedures are, therefore, constantly under review. From time to time we may change how we use and place cookies. Accordingly we recommend that you check this page periodically in order to review our current policies and practices.
How to contact us regarding Cookies
Email: [email protected]
Mail: Digital Department, 249 Windward Passage, Clearwater, FL 33767
CMA is extremely conscientious about protecting children’s privacy and we follow these guidelines:
We do not collect online contact information from or about children (under age 13) without prior parental consent or parental notification, which will include an opportunity for the parent to prevent use of the information and participation in the activity. Without prior parental consent, online information will only be used to respond directly to the child’s request and will not be used for any other purpose. Children’s contact information will not be added to any database or mailing list without prior parental consent.
Controller of Personal Information
Personal information includes any information relating to an identified or identifiable natural person such as your name, address, IP address, email address, etc. All Personal Information collected by CMA is controlled by CMA, which is considered the “controller” of the personal information under the European General Data Protection Regulation. Our address is 249 Windward Passage Clearwater, FL 33767.
The Personal Information We Collect and Store and Our Legal Basis for Using Your Personal Information
We collect personal information from you from various places when you utilize our goods and services including when you use or website, attend our events and visit CMA. We only use this information when we have a legal basis to do so. For example:
- We collect and store name, address, email and phone number information when you register for events at CMA or events sponsored by CMA through our web site. We collect similar information when you enter into transactions for retail purchases. We collect and utilize this information so we can perform the contract(s) we have with you. We do not store any credit card processing information.
- We collect and store name, address, email, phone number, emergency contact information, references, education, past employment and other similar information when you apply to volunteer or to be an intern with CMA. We collect and utilize this information pursuant to our legitimate interest of selecting and maintaining the best volunteers and interns. We do not store any credit card processing information relating to these applications.
- We collect and store name, address, email and phone number information when you donate to CMA or become a CMA annual pass holder. We utilize this information pursuant to our legitimate interests in keeping our donors and annual pass holders aware of goods and services offered by CMA and in furthering our fundraising efforts. We do not store any credit card processing information.
- We collect and store name, address, email address and date of birth information when you affirmatively consent to receiving our newsletter and/or full email marketing program.
We keep your personal information for as long as it is needed for the reasons it is being processed. For example, if you purchase merchandise from our store, we keep the information relating to your purchase to facilitate the purchase and then to handle any issues or complaints that might arise from the purchase. We may also maintain your personal information to enhance your experience with us.
The Entities With Which We Share Personal Information
Your Rights and Complaints
You have the right to acquire a copy of your personal information that we have collected and to ask that it be corrected or deleted. If you have any requests or questions regarding our handling of your personal information, please contact us at [email protected]. Those in the European Union also have the right to raise concerns regarding privacy with the Data Protection Authority in the relevant EU country. We request, however, that you contact us first to resolve any concern regarding privacy before turning to such an authority.